Friday, November 16, 2012

Gratitude Check



Happy Friday! We are now into mid-November; and I wanted to do a Gratitude Check to see how everyone’s doing with their “Attitude of Gratitude” challenge so far!

So….how’ya doin? Did you get a journal? Do you keep track online? Do you do your list in your head as you’re getting ready for bed or driving to work or out for a walk?
 
I truly believe that gratitude does bring more into our lives. Expressing appreciation shifts our vibration so that we’re looking at what we have versus what we’re lacking. And, so often in life, we tend to focus on lack…or the “I have this; but……” or “I feel this; but…..” Gratitude lists are ways for us to express that appreciation period. Without letting in that big ‘ol but!

This week, I’d like you to try something a little similar to a gratitude list, called a list of Positive Aspects. Take a page in your journal (or you can do this while you’re walking or have free time to think); and pick a person, place, or thing, and list out all of the positive aspects about them. (Believe it or not, this can also be used on people or situations that you aren’t really have a super joyous time with). If you think about that person or situation from a time where things were just peachy – use those positive aspects! Only write or think about each one while it’s fun. The moment you start feeling negativity; stop and move onto something else and write out those positive aspects.
Here’s an example:
My office:
  • I love the way the sunlight shines in.
  • I love that I have green plants that brighten my view.
  • I love that I have everything at my finger tips.
  • I love that my computer lets me do work and have fun!
  • I love how there are lots of file folders to help me be organized.
  • I love that I have a bookshelf full of books that help me be better at what I do, that has books that are fun, that has books that I can go back to anytime I want.
  • I love that my office chair is comfortable.
  • I love that I have a new printer that is fast and runs smoothly.
  • I love that I have mementos in my office reminding me of trips and fun milestones in my life.
  • I love that I have quotes posted in my office that inspire me.
  • I love that I can look through my files and recognize all the work that I’ve done and be reminded of my skills and productivity.
  • I love that I have an easy commute to my office ;)
  • I love that I work with fun people.


Give it a try! Some things are easier to write about than others, just flow with it, and the moment it starts getting a little challenging or not fun, switch to a different topic!

Have a great weekend! 

No comments: