Friday, August 24, 2012

Blogging Bonanza

Good morning, Friends and Happy Friday!!!!

I’ve recently been pondering and thinking about my life, my business, how I function, what makes me happy, what inspires me, what I like to do. And, on every single list writing appears. Given that my last blog post is dated nearly 2 years ago, you might be raising your eyebrows. I went over to Facebook to start posting some tidbits and musings…but, as I’ve been inspired and given a gentle kick in the pants by my own accountability partner (yes coaches and trainers have their own!), I’m making a commitment to increase my writing.

I will be blogging and posting my blogs on the Patina Esprit Facebook page. Because I believe that health is about the whole person (mental, physical, social), my posts will be about whatever topic feels good to write about that day; be it questions that I get asked by my clients, sharing my workout and eating tips, updates on the newest in health and well-being research, etc. So welcome to my bonanza of a blog!

Today’s topic, related to yesterday’s is brekkie. 1) I’m a firm believer that it’s ESSENTIAL and 2) It’s my favorite meal of the day.

If you don’t know me, I’m not very domestic. And, I don’t like cooking. I know this runs counter-intuitive to two things. 1) I’m a health and fitness professional and care about what I eat; and 2) I LOVE to eat. I’m conscious about what I eat; and I believe that something made by anybody else almost always tastes better. I’m a grazer, meaning that I eat frequently throughout the day (more on that in a future post). And, my family likes to say I’m like Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde if I haven’t eaten. Sadly, that’s the truth. When I get hungry I have to eat like RIGHT THEN or else my blood sugar drops, I get hangry, and I can think of nothing else until I eat. Therefore, for speed and convenience, my three main kitchen go-to’s are: the Vitamix (the most ahh-mazing of blenders), the toaster oven, and microwave.  I will sometimes go on kicks where I actually you know, turn the oven on….in fact, that happened more than ever this summer (future post).

Before I lose my audience that I’m hoping to have just regained, I’ll post what I initially started out with posting; and that’s what I had for brekkie. Quick, easy, nutritious. (Don’t tell me you don’t have time for brekkie). This one’s even got a bit of tropical flair – like take you away to Hawaii for Friday!

·        2 whole grain frozen waffles (I prefer Van’s)
·        ½ a banana
·        1.5-2 tbsp peanut butter (I really like the kind from Trader Joe’s – Valencia Creamy Salted PB – I found this image and seeing the sea salt made my mouth water…I’ve not tried the sea salted one…but I’m sure it’s good. Just look for the elephant)
·        1 tbsp macadamia nuts
·        Drizzle honey
·        Toast your waffles, spread the peanut butter over them, top with sliced banana and macadamia nuts, and drizzle with honey. Aloha Friday!!! 

No comments: